Sunday, June 7, 2009

Is it possible to have, say, an eMail address with BTInternet, when using another ISP?

Someone I know has just signed up with NTL(?), he has opted for a hotmail account. Can he get an address with someone else?


Hotmail acounts are somewhat limited as far as I know.

Is it possible to have, say, an eMail address with BTInternet, when using another ISP?
I'm pretty sure Hotmail works the same as Yahoo Mail in allowing you to import emails from another pop3 mailbox - so your friend could easily receive his ntl mail in his Hotmail inbox.





I never use my Hotmail account in any serious way though - too much spam.





The benefits of web-based mail are many and varied - I would never give out my isp email address to any Tom, Dick or Harriet. It's too personal. Besides which, what if I want to change my ISP? I'd have to tell all my friends my new email address.





I think you're getting webmail confused with the email addresses provided by your ISP. Unless you're going to carry on paying BTInternet after you've switched to another ISP they will close your account so you wouldn't have an email address with them any more. Webmail continues for as long as you keep using it and can be accessed from any computer connected to the internet, from anywhere in the world. You can read your webmail on your mate's machine - you don't even need an ISP yourself.
Reply:Anyone can get a hotmail account!


No comments:

Post a Comment